Thursday, June 12, 2008

Kung Fu Excitment!

Yesterday I took the boys to see Kung Fu Panda. They were so excited to go. I left the store early and picked Wyatt up from daycare. We took two pillows, so they could sit on them and bought the biggest popcorn and diet coke they sold. By the time the movie had started the popcorn and coke was half gone. Those boys like popcorn--I helped a little. It was a cute movie and the boys seemed to enjoy it. Wyatt talked through the whole thing asking questions like, "When are they are going to fight?" or "He's not being nice, right mommy?" Winston just sat there with a smile on his face and laughed at all the right parts. Towards the end I had to take Wyatt to the potty twice so I missed the very last scene. Winston had to tell me how it ended--Wyatt didn't care.
After the movies we went to Hastings to buy the first four books in the Magic Tree House series. Winston's summer school teacher told me about them and they sounded great. We started reading them yesterday and Winston didn't want to stop. He is so into them that he begged me to read one more chapter. We only have about 3 or 4 chapters left so tonight we will finish the first book. I really enjoy reading chapter books to him--it is a great time to cuddle!

No comments: